We are back from 04 July! Book your Driving Lessons with Christine’s SOM!
Many thanks to all of our pupils – new and old – for your loyalty and patience during these strange times. We welcome you back – Do you want to book your driving lessons with Christine’s School of Motoring? Please read on………..
As you have probably heard, the lockdown for driving instructors has ended and our instructors will be able to return to work from the 4th July onwards. However, a lot of our instructors are unable to return to the hours they did previously due to various reasons – childcare being the main reason as schools are still closed.
We also are going to have to operate on a lesser scale as we have been advised to spend a maximum of 1.5 hours in a car with any one person and we have to clean the car between each lesson to keep us all safe.
For any new pupils who wish to book your driving lessons, we ask you to bear with us. We are operating a waiting list system and as soon as one of our instructors has a gap, we will contact you. For those of you who are already having lessons with us, your instructor will be in touch with you to schedule your lessons.
Our driving lessons are going to seem a bit different for a while. So, what are we going to be doing to minimise the risk of Covid-19 infections? We are taking the safety of all of our instructors and pupils very seriously.
This is how we will be conducting our driving lessons @ Christine’s SOM:
- All of our cars will have a deep clean before we resume driving lessons and on a weekly basis
- We will contact you the day before a driving lesson to check for any symptoms of Coronavirus. If, however you do get symptoms before that day please let us know. No cancellation charges will be made for genuine ill health. Please remember that if you experience symptoms you will need to self-isolate for 7 days following the onset of symptoms.
- We will also contact you on the morning of your driving lesson to check your general health.
- Our tuition car will be cleaned before we pick you up.
- Please wash your hands before coming to your driving lesson.
- We are asking all pupils to wear a mask whilst on your driving lesson. If you haven’t got one, we will provide you with a mask at a small cost to cover our extra overheads. Providing you own mask obviously means less contact!
- We will give you some hand gel before you enter the car. Again, for contact reasons you can supply your own but we will need you to apply it in front of me.
- Whilst on the lesson we will keep the windows open to help with ventilation as we are unable to socially distance.
- At the end of the lesson we will ask you to update your training booklet yourself. You may wish to bring a pen but I can supply one if necessary. We will also book your driving lessons for the future at this time.
- We will give you some hand gel before you leave the car.
- After your lesson we will clean the car ready for the next pupil.
Paying for your lessons:
We will be encouraging you to pay for your lessons online to further prevent contact. Our current prices can be found on our website.
- Introductory Offers – please click here
- Pay as you go prices – please click here
- Block booking rates – please click here
- Automatic Lessons – please click here
Due to being unable to socially distance, and the length of time we would spend in the car with pupils on an intensive course – we have been advised to only do lessons of 1.5 hours maximum – we are unable to offer any intensive courses at this time. As soon as Covid-19 restrictions relax, we will be happy to offer these courses to pupils again. Click here for more info on our intensive courses.
We will honour any vouchers purchased if they expire before we can start or resume your driving lessons. Please contact the office by email so that we can extend your expiry date on our system.
We are still waiting for some further guidance from the DVSA and as I am sure you are all aware, things are changing daily. If you have any concerns about the above information please email the office from our website.